خط مشی دسترسیدرباره ما
ثبت نامثبت نام
راهنماراهنما
فارسی
ورودورود
صفحه اصلیصفحه اصلی
جستجوی مدارک
تمام متن
منابع دیجیتالی
رکورد قبلیرکورد بعدی
library name : انستیتو تغذیه دانشگاه علوم پزشکی شهید بهشتی
Material Type : Latin Articles
Language of Document : English
Record Number : 61659
Doc. No : 310A
Main Entry : MORADI MOGHADAM FARIDEH
Title & Author : DETERMINATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP OF SERUM HYALURONIC ACID LEVELS TO THE DEGREE OF LIVER FIBROSIS IN BIOPSIES OF PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC VIRAL HEPATITIS B & C [Article]
Title : HEPATITIS MONTHLY
Volume Number : , Vol.10 ؛ No.3
Date : , (2010)
page : : 168 - 172
Abstract : Background and Aims: Determining the stage of liver fibrosis and the grade of necroinflammation is important in predicting the prognosis and treatment response of patients with chronic viral hepatitis. Liver biopsy is associated with several technical problems and complications; therefore, its repetitive performance as a procedure in evaluating treatment response and in following up patients is not recommended. This study was performed to determine the correlation of serum hyaluronic acid )HA( levels with the stage and grade of histopathologic liver changes in patients with chronic hepatitis B and C. Methods: This analytical cross-sectional study was performed on 69 patients with chronic hepatitis B or C in Mashhad, Iran, who were referred to our clinic and underwent liver biopsy and blood sampling simultaneously in 2006-2007. None of the patients were on medication that would affect the serum levels of )HA( and patients with signs of arthropathy were excluded from the study. Results: Out of the 69 patients in this study, 48 )69.6percent( were male and 21 )30.4percent( were female. The causative virus in 29 patients )42percent( was hepatitis C and in the rest )n = 40, 58percent( hepatitis B. The severity of liver fibrosis )stage( had a direct correlation )r = 0.25, P = 0.042( with the levels of )HA( and an inverse correlation with the platelet level )r = 0.37, P = 0.002(. The degree of liver necroinflammation )grade( did not have a significant correlation with the levels of )HA( and alanine transaminase )r = -0.01, P = 0.9; r = 0.21, P = 0.09 respectively(; instead, there was an inverse correlation with platelet levels )r = 0.36, P = 0.003(.Conclusions: Our study results correspond with those of other international studies; thus suggesting that the )HA( serum level is a useful marker in determining the severity of fibrosis in patients with chronic viral hepatitis. To form a definite conclusion, further studies on large groups should be performed.
Descriptor : CIRRHOSIS
Descriptor : HYALURONIC ACID
Descriptor : CHRONIC VIRAL HEPATITIS
Added Entry : ARBABI H
: KHAJEH DALOUEI M.
 
 
 
(در صورت عدم وضوح تصویر اینجا را کلیک نمایید)